The E-learning Disability Awareness in Sport course is designed to help you learn about different types of disabilities, examine social attitudes and barriers towards disabled people and the use of appropriate terminology.
You will explore practical ways to make your coaching inclusive through gaining an understanding of tools such as the Inclusion Spectrum and STEPS and identify how different types of communication can have an impact.
The course covers:
- What disability is and an introduction the The Equality Act 2010
- Understanding different types and models of disability
- The use of apposite language and terminology
- Identify different methods of communication
- Understanding the principles of delivering inclusive sports sessions
- Disability Awareness in Sport
13/12/2017 - 01/01/2031
12:00 pm - 11:55 pm