A popular relevant first aid course for those working in schools or running after school and holiday clubs. Our Sports First Aid in Education and Extra-curricular covers relevant syllabus from Paediatric first aid, Sports first aid, and the recently upgraded FA Emergency Aid (FAEA) courses. This course also takes into account the Department for Education guidance on first aid for schools. It is ideal for coaches and teachers not on the permanent school staff headcount.
If your current risk assessment has highlighted any additional gaps please contact us. We would be happy to advise you on the most appropriate course. This course fully meets The Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines 2015 and subsequent changes.
Those with sole charge care of infants and children, or who work for an Ofsted registered provider or setting, are advised to take one of our level 3 Paediatric courses which meet Ofsted and EYFS requirements.
- First aider roles and responsibilities
- When to call for help
- Accident reporting and First Aid Kits
- An unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- An unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Considerations when dealing with children
- A heart attack or stroke
- Cardiac arrest
- Safe AED use
- External bleeding
- Fractures and dislocations
- An anaphylactic reaction
- A head injury and concussion