The 1st4sport Level 2 Level 2 Certificate in Fitness – Gym Instruction provides learners aged 17 and over with the fitness processes and principles of teaching Gym Instruction.
Covering subjects include
- Identify the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body
- Explain the workings of the body’s cardiovascular and energy systems
- Identify the components and principles of fitness
- Relate the Health and Safety at Work Act to the studio environment
- Identify good customer care and strategies for the adoption and maintenance of physical activity
- Demonstrate good personal technique and form when teaching a session
- How to design an exercise programme, including the use of free weights, resistance machines, warm up and cool down routines, flexibility, abdominal and lower back exercises
- Plan, teach, deliver and evaluate for a gym session
- Apply basic skills that will enable you to include older adult, disabled, and antenatal and post-natal client groups in your sessions
- Anatomy and physiology
- The components and principles of fitness
- Relevant skills and knowledge needed to design and teach exercise programmes in a gym environment consisting of a variety of styles, from hi/lo to body conditioning
- Methods of delivery
- Health, Safety and Professionalism in Exercise
- Be at least 17 years of age (within the academic year 01 Sep – 31 Aug)
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Recommended to have prior learning within the Anatomy & Physiology unit.
- 30th - 31st July 2018
30/07/2018 - 31/07/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm