The importance of Prevent training in education cannot be overestimated – for organisations, students and employees. Our Prevent training course will support and provide evidence of implementation of the Prevent Duty in the prevention of extremism and radicalisation by focusing on the safeguarding of students, helping to identify any areas for improvement.
The course will also enable your organisation to more effectively recognise, manage and implement practical responses to support your safeguarding work and provide evidence for successes in preventing extremism and radicalisation, highlighting areas requiring improvement.
Your learning outcomes
After completing this course learners will be able to:
- Explain and understand why it is important to embed concerns about radicalisation into safeguarding policies
- Explain and understand why it is necessary to support good campus/college relations between diverse communities with potentially conflicting worldviews
- Have an overview of challenges from extremism in UK HE/FE sector
- Explain how radicalisation and potential conflicts between different groups on campus or in colleges can be seen from a safeguarding perspective
- Understand the PREVENT agenda in the context of; its definition and focus, legal responsibilities (both institutional and individual), practical implications and requirements for sensitivity and cultural empathy
- Engage with the PREVENT agenda in a wider safeguarding context
- In addition, this course could help to introduce new perspectives to your existing and new work in areas connected with safeguarding, extremism and radicalisation
One Hour – Learners have the option to bookmark progress and complete the course in chunks.
- 20/11/2016 - 31/08/2057
8:00 am - 5:00 pm