Developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE), the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (QCF) prepares learners for employment in a school sport setting through providing an introduction to opportunities for them to work as a physical education and school sport professional such as a:
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teaching Assistant (TA)
- Sports Development Officer
- Sports Coach, Volunteer or Leader
The qualification is perfect for those who already work, or aspire to work, in a physical education and school sport setting as its specifically designed to provide them with a greater understanding of programmes of study for physical education, the national curriculum and the environment in which they will be operating.
What’s more, an additional benefit is that completing this qualification can help learners work towards becoming a TA. This is because it can also lead to the achievement of the Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF), which is a qualification that provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding for those working directly with children or young people in schools.
“afPE believes that by 2015, coaches employed in or by schools supporting Curriculum time PE should be qualified to a Level 2 National Governing Body (NGB) Award and be working towards a Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport or equivalent, to comply with the forthcoming afPE Safe Practice Guidance for Schools.”
afPE, March 2013
- Up to date BMS profile including; first name, surname, DOB and address.
- Learners are required to be aged 16 years or over, prior to registration.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Hold a Level 2 physical education or sport related qualification, examples include:
- The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport (QCF)
- GCSE in Physical Education (Grades A-C)
- a Level 2 National Governing Body of Sport coaching qualification
- a Level 2 BTEC in Sport
- a Level 2 qualification in sports/activity leadership or
- a 1st4sport recognised equivalent
- 14th - 17th August 2018
14/08/2018 - 17/08/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm