A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that unlocks the great potential of young people and prepares them for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’. Designed to help young people aged 16 to 24 who don’t yet have the appropriate skills or experience, traineeships provide the essential work preparation training, English, maths and work experience needed to secure an apprenticeship or employment.
• Aged 16-24 and qualified below level 3
• Unemployed OR employed for less than 16 hours per week and earning less than £300 per month.
• Have little work experience
• Focused on work or the prospect of it
• Must be assessed as having a reasonable chance of being ready for employment or an apprenticeship within 6
Not Eligible if:
• Require very intensive support to be employable
• Already have skills and qualifications to start an apprenticeship or find work
• Already in a job
‘Ethical’ Traineeship programmes
Premier Education Group and Creative Sport and Leisure recommend that for every available future Apprenticeship
position with your company, there should be no more than three Trainees. All trainees will be guaranteed an interview at the end of their programme.