Activity Professional Academy
A flexible education and training programme, with work experience that unlocks your great potential and prepares you for future careers by helping you to become ‘work ready’ in sports delivery. Attainable 1st4sport qualifications include: Level 2 Certificate Coaching in Sport & Physical Activity, and Level 2 Award in Multi Skill Development in Sport.
Traineeships are ideal if you want to move into a job or apprenticeship but do not currently have the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Traineeships are made up of these elements:
- Work preparation training sector-based qualification
- English and Maths support
- A work experience placement with Premier Education Group, who are the UK’s largest provider sport and physical activity to Primary Schools.
If you have been unsuccessful in applying for an apprenticeship or job role you may find a traineeship helps give you the skills and confidence necessary to move on.
To be eligible to start a government funded traineeship, you must;
- Be aged 16-24 and be a UK or EEA
- Citizen or have a settled status with no restrictions
- Unemployed or working less than 16 hours
- Have little previous work experience
- Not hold a qualification above level 2
- Not have undertaken a similar programme before
- Week 1: Employability Skills
- Week 2: Employability Skills
- Week 3: Health and Safety & First Aid
- Week 4: Principles of Coaching Sport
- Week 5: Multi-Skills Coaching & Work Placement
- Week 6: Work Placement
- Week 7: Work Placement
- Week 8: Functional Skills Maths
- Week 9: Functional Skills English
Apply to become a trainee in the Activity Professional Academy: